Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lip Smackers = Chapped Lips



Remember when you were around 8 or 9 (10 if you were late on the "cool train") and Lip Smackers were the raddest thing to ever hit your lips?? Although Lip Smackers had about 1 billion flavors, and smelled incredibly delish, there were two VERY lame qualities to the product.
Every girl knows what I am talking about. 1.) They don't taste sweet, instead they just taste like wax, and only smell like the candy you were wishing for. 2.) They never really cured chapped lips. I would use a whole tube hopeing to have some freedom from my scaly lips...nope. Instead I found myself jonesing for a taste that never showed up and red swollen lips that seemed impossible to cure. 
As a small child you mosey into the store, and your small candy searching eyes catch the insane neon color on the shelf. hmmm what is this??  Holy cow its flavor is Tootsie Roll, or even better Dr. Pepper! No child (or hipster) can resist crazy burn your eyes out neon colors. Even more difficult to resists is a chap stick that says it will taste like a forbidden soda your mom never let you drink (homeschooled and sugar deprived as a child). 
Although Lip Smackers failed at curing chapped lips and delivering yummy flavor, it made up for its lameness in the cool department. Pulling out that little tube in front of friends said: "Yes, I am only 7 but I rock this chap stick like a super rad teenager, and no I don't care if I ate the whole tube in hopes of it tasteing like candy."
that was the oddest thing about Lip Smackers, everytime you apply it, you think it will taste good. Your brain never learns, it just smells. 




And the photo of the day is.........



1 comment:

Elleah said...

I had the Dr. Pepper one and I loved using it, even though it didn't do anything for my lips!